18th February 2016
A plumber from Devon has received a suspended prison sentence and a fine for carrying out faulty gas work while unregistered.
17th February 2016
A faulty Hotpoint washing machine seriously damaged the kitchen of a Plymouth home when it exploded, the property's residents have said.
16th February 2016
Defective tumble dryers are responsible for hundreds of house fires each year in the UK, new figures have indicated.
10th February 2016
A pensioner in Berkshire was able to escape her home unharmed after being alerted to a carbon monoxide (CO) leak by her alarm.
8th February 2016
The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) is understood to be considering a change to allow landlords greater flexibility when it comes to the timing of gas safety checks.
4th February 2016
A housing association has been criticised for failing to ensure that gas appliances at its properties were checked.
27th January 2016
A court has heard that a builder from Plymouth put a family of four in danger of carbon monoxide poisoning through the inadequate installation of a gas flue.
26th January 2016
South Korean consumer electronics giant LG has announced strong fourth-quarter figures, with robust appliance sales fuelling growth.
22nd January 2016
London Fire Brigade (LFB) has urged residents in the capital to register their electrical appliances so they can be alerted to any problems quickly.
21st January 2016
Residents have been reminded of the potential dangers posed by carbon monoxide (CO) after a family of seven from north-west London was hospitalised following a leak.