Mother and son flee electrical fire

Post by Kevin Jackson on 7th May 2015 in Appliance safety

Mother and son flee electrical fire
A mother and her son were forced to flee their home in London earlier this week by an electrical fire.
 
According to the Croydon Advertiser, the pair managed to escape the property in Martin Crescent, Waddon, unhurt after noticing the smell of smoke. The cause of the fire was a faulty electrical intake point light.
 
Crews from nearby Croydon were dispatched to the scene of the fire. The power supply was successfully isolated and the fire tackled, and although nobody was hurt crew manager Thomas Atkins said the home's occupants had had a "lucky escape".
 
"They were switched on enough to smell the smoke and did the right thing by calling us and exiting the property," he explained. "Had they been out they had a working smoke alarm and it is important to reiterate the importance of having a working alarm."

Related articles: