Firefighters deal with Hampshire dishwasher blaze

Post by Tom Williams on 23rd April 2015 in Appliance safety

Firefighters deal with Hampshire dishwasher blaze
Fire crews in Hampshire were this week called to deal with a fire caused by a faulty dishwasher, it has been reported.
 
According to the Southern Daily Echo, firefighters were called to a property on Kings Road in Fareham - occupied by a retained fireman - on Wednesday night after a fire was reported. Thick black smoke soon enveloped the kitchen.
 
"Putting electrical items on overnight is not a great idea because when you go to sleep it takes you longer to get out or see what's happening," said Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service watch manager Simon Wheeler.
 
"A working smoke alarm raised the alarm nice and early and gave the residents the opportunity to get out of the building," he added.
 
The firefighters arrived at the property at around 12.30am and subsequently extinguished the blaze.

Related articles: