Three hospitalised after suspect carbon monoxide leak

Post by Kevin Jackson on 15th April 2015 in Appliance safety

Three hospitalised after suspect carbon monoxide leak
Three people from Brighton were taken to hospital to be treated for suspected carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning yesterday.
 
According to the Brighton Argus, East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service crews - along with paramedics and a team of gas specialists - attended a property in the city's New England Street at 9.15pm yesterday evening. 
 
It was determined that a gas leak had occurred at the property.
 
Confronting the gas leak, the firefighters entered the building wearing breathing apparatus and then ventilated the property. The three residents were then hospitalised to be treated for suspected CO poisoning.
 
Some 400 people are hospitalised as a result of carbon monoxide poisoning in England every year.

Related articles: