Unregistered gas fitter 'put lives at risk'
A gas fitter from Swindon convicted of fitting boilers while unregistered put the lives of tenants at risk, the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) has said.
In a hearing at Swindon Magistrates' Court on Monday, Arash Raeisinezhadian pleaded guilty to four breaches of health and safety legislation. He was fined £2,150 and ordered to pay costs of £831.
Mr Raeisinezhadian carried out gas work at a total of four properties between November 2013 and February last year.
When Mr Raeisinezhadian's work was checked over by a registered engineer, numerous faults were uncovered. A gas leak was discovered at one of the properties where Mr Raeisinezhadian had installed a boiler.
"Only engineers registered with Gas Safe can carry legally carry out gas work. This case shows the risks of using illegal gas workers and it was fortunate no-one was seriously hurt," said HSE inspector Paul Newton.