17 February 2011

Gas appliances causing headaches? Act fast!

Most of us will be using gas heating appliances and boilers even more intensively in the coming weeks so it is vital that we are fully aware of critical safety issues that can arise. If you are concerned about the danger of carbon monoxide build up in your home then read on.

Carbon Monoxide can be deadly stuff. Invisible, odourless and tasteless, Carbon Monoxide gas can be produced when a gas appliance has not been correctly installed or maintained, or if the chimney or flue becomes blocked. This is a potentially lethal situation, so follow these simple steps if you suspect there is any danger:

1. If you experience any drowsiness, headaches, nausea or chest pains when using a gas appliance, switch it off immediately.
2. Open doors and windows, then call the National Grid 24-hour gas emergency line on 0800 111 999 – on a landline if possible.
3. Contact the medical services and mention the possibility of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Remember, correct fitting and servicing of gas appliances is vital. All 0800 Repair gas engineers are fully trained and registered. Call us on 0800 737 247 or visit us at www.0800repair.com

 


Other articles